Wednesday, March 9, 2011

mompy, this one's for you!

Rustic Simmered Chicken, from Donna Hay's "No Time to Cook"

This is a fantastic recipe - I mean, what's not to like about a recipe that contains garlic, wine, and cream? Plain delicious if you ask me. I have made this recipe multiple times, and it seems pretty accomodating of substitutions.  On occasion, I've subbed in onions and/or shallots for leeks, bacon for pancetta, chicken breasts for chicken thighs, extra chicken broth for wine, used dried herbs instead of fresh.  I've added extra veggies sometimes, and I always omit the flour. I know it's March now, and spring is fast approaching, but on a day like today when its raining sideways, this is like a bowl of comfort.




*I know my food photography skills leave much to be desired, but this really is an delicious, easy weeknight meal.  It takes me 15 minutes to prep/sautee, and then the 25-30 minutes to simmer.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I will be right over for the taste test!

    Thank you for posting....maybe will give it a try next week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make this one day soon!

    ReplyDelete